Wednesday 2 October 2013

New Hair Challenge - Day 2


Staying in the braid theme, today's hair challenge outcome is a half-up-half-down style with a reverse French braid either side of my parting.

Using yesterday's waves, this style keeps my hair off my face for when I'm at work which is handy, but given the muggy weather having it down wasn't that great. I prefer having hair off my neck generally. 

The main reason I'm not a huge fan of this style is down to the fact it not emphasises my slightly oversized (putting it kindly) forehead. Usually, when my hair is back off my face in a bun or similar this isn't a concern but for some reason today I feel very exposed with this style. Not ideal. It also makes my grey hair super noticeable and the wiry nature of grey hair doesn't always braid very well. I'm not afraid of my grey hair, I just don't think this style do me any favours.

I started with the style very tight and neat but felt it was just too severe, so after some tweaking/messing up I'm a little happier with it. Not sure I will be rocking this particular style again though. Don't get me wrong, as a style I like it a lot, just not on me. It's all about knowing what suits. 

A five out of ten for hairstyle #2

Special thanks to Toni of Etta's Corner for yet another bunch of photos! 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment