Sunday 25 August 2013

Not at Carnival. Dont care.








After Ibiza and a few heavy work related night outs, my body still doesn't feel 100%. So sitting at my desk on Monday morning I decided there was only one thing for it. A trip down to see my folks (and Poppy) at their gorgeous home in Freshwater, Isle Of Wight.

I don't know whether its the sea air, the ridiculously comfy beds or just the fact that I feel totally at ease here but I am always able to completely relax. Walking, talking and eating are always on the agenda, and I just love it. Today we popped in to see my Auntie at her sea front beach shack down at Gurnard. I say shack, but it couldn't be further from an accurate description - you can see it for yourself here.

After coffee and a catch up with Antonia, we took a long, leisurely stroll into Cowes where we made an inevitable pit-stop for some icecream. It was all my mums idea, I swear. I felt good for having walked a good few miles, after completely chilling out yesterday.

I'm now currently sat on the most enormous sofa, and the house is filled with the aroma of Jackies infamous Lasagne. I can't tell you how excited I am to chow down on what is my absolute favourite meal of all time. I'll most likely have at least two portions, unashamedly putting myself into a severe self-induced food coma. I'm not even embarrassed to say it. 

I'm heading back to London tomorrow, but will enjoy a casual brunch with my Auntie, cousin and Nanny Fletcher before I go. Another session of over indulgence I'm sure, but as they say "when in Rome".

By Tuesday I'll be fed, watered and relaxed. As good as new.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment