Thursday 8 August 2013

Not Fresh to Super Fresh


I'm fairly low maintenance overall, but there is one thing I cannot let go. My brows.

Some of you might think it ridiculous, obsessive or unnecessary to get your eyebrows threaded every week, but once you've done it once, you'll never stop. I blame Connie (middle sister) for the weekly habit, she too is an eyebrow obsessive, known to visit every 5 days at her worst. I used to be a happy bi-weekly regular at Adorn Beauty, but ever since I made the visit just 7 days after my previous I haven't stopped. At £4 a go its a luxury I can actually afford. Even better is the fact that every sixth visit is free with a loyalty card (at Adorn).

Recently however, I broke my habit. In order to ensure the best brows possible for my holiday I have let them grow out for 18 days (!!!). It has been a struggle, and I have to confess I have plucked the odd couple that were impairing my vision (slight exaggeration), but they are seriously overgrown. They've lost their shape and former beauty. Take a look for yourself.
The upside of this is that I have been able to step into the salon a mess and step out with a newly framed face! The way your eyebrows can change your face is incredible. Look at the difference! 

I would implore anyone to give threading a go if you haven't already. It's virtually pain free once you've done it a few times, it's cheap and it's readily available these days on most high streets and shopping centers. I can recommend Adorn and Zara at Hi-Lites in Ruislip Manor. Just be sure to explain clearly what you want. My usual line is "I want to keep them thick, same shape, just tidied up". 

However, if you're going for a totally new shape, it's worth splashing out a little and visiting somewhere like Blink. You can talk through your face shape and what would suit you so they get it just right. Once you have your new eyebrow shape you can just get a tidy up locally at a fraction of the cost. 

Another tip from me and my sister would be to kindly decline the "lotion" or "cream" you are offered after threading. Meant to cool your skin from the pain, it can actually clog your pores and cause spots around the forehead/temple area. So I always say no thank you. 

Lastly, if you want to see how much difference eyebrows really can make, check out this link.




No comments:

Post a Comment